Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A birthday to remember!

A birthday comes once every year and who wouldn't want it to be memorable! I just wrote the most cliched sentence...

My 23rd birthday certainly turned out to be - cliche or not...I wasn't able to believe my luck when I got a mail saying I had been invited along with 49 other lucky participants of the Sunfeast Marathon, to dine with Deepika Padukone. The mail was drafted with precision and had all holes covered. Like a man shouting from the roof top, I announced it to all my friends and relatives. When the day dawned, I even did the unthinkable and went to a nearby salon and surrendered my face to the lone soul t
here. I have no clue what he did. There was facial, ayurvedic massage, bleach etc etc and I let him do as he pleased for half an hour and came back feeling something akin to surprise and elation. After all, I had survived the experience :)

When I reached the hotel, I was almost literally sailing in the clouds hoping to get at least an autograph from the star. Starstruck - I was the quintessential definition! I met Ashish and before I could gather myself and adjust to some weird behavior on the part of the ho
tel staff, the whole team was everywhere wishing me. There was no Deepika Padukone but here was a team that had taken every effort possible to cover their tracks and planned the whole affair to such perfection. Team work is often bandied about carelessly but if I am asked to give an example now, I would remember June 8...

There were balloons, a delicious cake and my team wearing big smiles. The affection and warmth I felt then, can hardly be put into words. Having fallen for a neat little prank, I hated myself briefly, though I guess I am using the wrong word here.

This post might sound confusing. Indeed some occasions bring out the child in us however otherwise the advancing time might lead us to believe. It was one such day and I am glad that, I am part of a team like this. Bangalore is all the more beautiful when people make it so!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Haahhaa!! Nice blog Siva...if Deepika Padukone reads it she will definitely invite u for a 1:1 :D

Unknown said...

Dear Siva, People not part of such great team will definelty envy you!!! Happy B'day

Rajasekar Murugan said...

Siva,I envy your team!
simply perfect...

Deepika said...

Very well written siva...good to see that ppl envy our team :)

Swetha said...

ohh ohhh so this is what it was!!! to think i even yold you to write a poem to floor the lady!!! well.. i fell for the prank too:) good one guys!!!!!

Sriram said...

Just can't think of a better surprise !!
Even Deeepika Padukone wouldnt have made ur bday this memorable :)

Shiva said...

@ Ashish, Deepak and Deepika

I am fortunate enough to be working alongside wonderful people like you.

@ Raju

Yes. It was a perfect evening :)

@ Swetha and Sriram

:)

Pink Mango Tree said...

ROFL ROFL..!!!! A b'day surprise cannot get better than this.
But next time if at all u get an invite from Deepika, don't draw yourself back; who knows.. it could be Deepika herself!!

Shiva said...

@Shalini:

I shall wait for such an invite now :)

Aishwarya V said...

Believe me! You are blessed to have such teammates! Even Deepika Padukone will envy you!